Monday, July 30, 2012

Let's Make It Monday... Yummy Summer Goodness

Happy Monday! 

Wanna know one of my FAVORITE Summer Desserts?
Yummy Peach Cobbler, of course!

And I'm going to share my Mom's wonderfully EASY recipe for Peach Cobbler.  
(If it's a secret family recipe.... sorry Mom!)


Here is the ingredients List:
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Bisquick
1 Egg
1 Stick of Butter
Peaches:  either 4-5 whole peaches sliced or 3 small cans

That's it!  Easy Peasy!
Ingredients... I'm already getting hungry.

Instructions:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
 - To make Crust, mix together Sugar, Bisquick and Egg until crumbly.

**SECRET SIDE NOTE**  
I always add a little Cinnamon to my crust (no measurement, just sh.  I just love Cinnamon.  It's not in the original recipe, but it works for me!

This is what the Crust should look like after you've mixed it...
-Next, add peaches to your 9x9 square or round dish.  
Yum...Right?

-Then, pour the Crust over top of the peaches.  Make sure to cover all the peaches.
-Melt the stick of butter and pour over the Crust.  Try to cover as best as possible.
-Stick dish in the Oven for 30-35 minutes, or until top is slightly brown and bubbling.  And your kitchen smells Yummy!
A stick of Butter, sounds like Paula Deen!
- Then Enjoy!  I think I cooked mine a little too long.  I like my baked goods slightly under cooked and gooey!  But I was still Yum-O!

If you try my Cobbler, let me know how it turns out.  

Also, you can substitute any Fruit in place of the Peaches (they just happen to be my favorite).  And since JULY is NATIONAL BLUEBERRY MONTH.  
And this Cobbler is Great with Blueberries (just sprinkle a little lemon juice over the blueberries before adding the crust).

Now go MAKE something, and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment