Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baby Leg Warmers

Yep... you read it right
BABY LEG WARMERS

Cause even a baby needs some workout gear!  
HA!

I had seen these on a couple of Blogs that I follow, and thought that they were too cute, so of course I had to make a pair.  Baby Addison can NOT be without this stylish accessory.
And for what better reason that the 3rd Iron Craft Challenge - Hearts and Flowers!  

So off to Goodwill I went in search of a Valentiney, Hearts or Flowery, Girlie Sweater.  

Here's what I found:

My first thought was that I loved the stripes, and I could use the Heart Buttons on the leg warmers... however, Buttons on an Infants clothing item is probably not smart. Don't want anyone getting choked.  
So I had to think of something else for the Hearts or Flowers.  
Lightbulb... FELT! 
It's light and soft and not a choking hazard.  ;  )

Next, I cut off the sleeves:

Leaving a cute, short sleeve sweater...  Hmmm...  possibilities!

So here's where my tutorial goes foggy.
I didn't take any photos during the sewing of Baby Addison's leg warmers. 
(I was talking on the phone, sorry)  

However, all I did was hem the cut end and make the sleeve thinner by sewing another seam lengthwise about 1 1/2 inches in.

And, here is the reveal: 
 Baby Addison's new Valentine Heart Leg Warmers!
 She was NOT happy that I woke her from her nap to model.  
But she got paid well.... with a bottle shortly after!


Do you see Addison's little hand... this is her showcasing the Felt Hearts!  
Oh... she's got a future on the runway for sure!

Love those little toes!

Thanks for checking out my Baby Leg Warmer tutorial!

Talk to y'all soon!


2 comments:

  1. Those are just darling & you found the perfect sweater to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really starting to love leg warmers on little girls! Their legs are so tiny that it looks just adorable. I am going to have get some for my daughter this fall.

    ReplyDelete