Monday, January 7, 2013

Let's Make It Monday

Happy 1st Monday of the New Year!

I know, I know, UUUGGGHHH, Monday!  But... It's NOT raining here and the sun is shining, it's a good day!  Hopefully for you too!  ; )

I got very proactive this weekend and came up with my 
Menu for this week:

Sunday - Burbon Chicken w/ Brown Rice, Collard Greens and Mac & Cheese.
Monday - Subway  (we have activities on Monday's, so Subway is a good healthy fast food).
Tuesday - Salmon w/ leftover Brown Rice, Collards, Mac & Cheese and some new Green Beans.
Wednesday - Parmesan Chicken w/ Bread & Salad.
Thursday - Any of the above that is still left over, OR, Soup and Sandwiches.
Friday - You're on your own....
Saturday - Good luck with anything other than Cereal from MOM!  Ha!  Ha!

As you can see, Friday and Saturday are unpredictable... (we usually eat out).  But I thought that I was doing good this week.  I got my menu together BEFORE going to the grocery store.  
WOW!  What an ingenious idea!  
Sorry, I'm slow to this domestic thing.  I'm just lucky to have matching shoes when I leave the house...


So... Sunday.... I made Burbon Chicken.  
If you haven't tried Burbon Chicken, you should be able to find it in any Mall Food Court nearby..  the vendors of the Burbon Chicken are usually yelling at you to come and try the Burbon Chicken as they hold up a pick on a toothpick from behind the 'very sanitary' counter.  
Anyway.... the Burbon Chicken at the Mall is FANTASTIC.  So when I found a recipe on Sparkpeople.com (a weight loss helper website) and it boasted that it taste just like the Mall Food Court version, I had to try it!
You can find the recipe I used here, Burbon Chicken.

Here's how mine turned out 
(sorry, I used my iphone instead of my camera... I'll do better next time):

Here is my Chicken cooking in Green Peppers, Onions and Olive Oil.  Doesn't look very appetizing.


Here is the Marinade... It didn't smell very Yummy.


And here is the finished product.  

I actually looked and smelled MUCH better once everything was combined, and tasted pretty good.  
UNFORTUNATELY, I didn't think that it tasted like the Mall Food Court Burbon Chicken, but it was good.  
I'd make it again! 

Also.. I just wanted to give a heads up...  On my Menu for Tuesday is Salmon.  I have found a WONDERFULLY Yummy, already marinated, prepackaged Salmon that takes no time to cook.  
I used to find this at Walmart, however, they've stopped carrying it... BUT, I just found it at my local Ingles Grocery Store.  This tastes Fabulous, it's easy to make and everyone in the house likes it!  Even my 7 year old.  
It's certainly worth a try if you see at your local Grocery.

Anyway... have a great Monday, and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment