Monday, May 7, 2012

What I Made Monday.. Yumminess!

Happy Monday!

On Saturdays when we are actually at home, and not running around crazy... my daughter and I love to make our special lunch together:  Pizza Bubble Bread.
I actually made this in my 7th Grade Home Ec. class, and for some reason I've managed to keep the recipe since (many many years).  It's very easy to make and Gracie loves to help, and lick her fingers along the way.  It's a very good Saturday afternoon lunch!

Here are the ingredients:
1 Pkg of Refrigerator Biscuits 
(If it's for just me and Gracie, I'll use one pkg.  But if my husband is going to snack, I'll use 2 pkgs)
1 Cup of Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (I always use more)
Any other toppings you would like.
Here are all of my ingredients.  We always add pepperoni!!


Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray pizza pan with Pam.  Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and put into a small bowl.  Add sauce to biscuits and stir until all pieces are coated.  Using a fork arrange pieces in a circle on pan making sure pieces touch each other, but are not on top of each other.  When I use two cans of biscuits I'll leave a thin open strip right through the middle so that I cooks evenly throughout. 
It's a little messy, but Gracie loves to stir and arrange!  (and sample the sauce when I'm not looking)

Once all of the cut pieces of biscuit are arranged on the pan, sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and add any other toppings that you would like.  
Gracie made a face out of the Pepperoni.  This is before we put it in the oven.
Once you are finished decorating... stick it in the oven for approx 10 to 15 Minutes, depending on your oven (I usually leave mine for 20 Minutes), or until the cheese has browned.
Right out of the Oven!

And here is a piece that I cut (on my fabulous, everyday paper plates).  You can pull the pieces apart with your fingers. YUMMY!!!
I think I'm getting hungry now!  Let me know if you try it.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment